By PK, We Live Concepts
Lately, I’ve wanted to learn how to make wrapped sandwiches for lunch. Being new to making this type of sandwich, I searched around for a proper way to do it. I figured I could pack all kinds of fun and healthy ingredients, as well as my left-overs, in it. Here was what I found…
I learned a few wrap-rules…
- Combine vegetables and protein with vibrant colors and flavors.
- Precook and chill ingredients ahead of time
- Portion ingredients in advance to save time
- Blanch hard vegetables such as carrots
- Use whole wheat tortillas
- Chill mayonnaise or sandwich spread
- Minimize wet ingredients
- Wear disposable gloves when handling uncooked food
- Arrange ingredients and utensils within reach. Place ingredients in separate trays or bowls. A silicon spatula is especially useful.
- Lay down one tortilla with parchment paper cut to size underneath.
- To create a moisture barrier, begin by spreading sandwich spread onto the bottom half of the tortilla. then lay down well-dried lettuce, then the remaining ingredients
- Avoid over-packing
- Make the first fold from the bottom just about reaching half way
- Fold in the two sides
- Then tightly roll up the tortilla all the way
- Repeat the same wrapping technique but this time with the parchment paper wrapping the sandwich
- Keep the sandwich chilled
- Consume within 1 day